Dr. Fatma Elzahraa Elshahaby
Faculty of Engineering
My main research interests are related to advanced signal processing field including pattern recognition, multidimensional image analysis and processing, image quality assessment and medical imaging reconstruction as well as relevant machine learning / artificial intelligence techniques.
I received my BSc. and MSE degrees on 2003 and 2006, respectively, from the Electronics and Electrical Communications Engineering (EECE) department at Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt.
Also, I received another MSE degree as well as my PhD degree on 2011 and 2016, respectively, from the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) department at Whiting School of Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- Image processing
- Digital signal processing
- Electric circuits
- F. E. A. Elshahaby, A. K. Jha, M. Ghaly, and E. C. Frey, “A Comparison of Resampling Schemes for Estimating Model Observer performance with Small Ensembles”, Phys. Med. Biol. 62(18), 7300-7320 (2017) (DOI: 10.1088/1361-6560/aa807a).
- X. Li, A. K. Jha, M. Ghaly, F. E. A. Elshahaby, J. M. Links, and E. C. Frey, “Use of Sub-Ensembles and Multi-Template Observers to Evaluate Detection Task Performance for Data That are Not Multivariate Normal”, IEEE transactions on medical imaging, 36(4), 917-929 (2017) (DOI: 10.1109/TMI.2016.2643684).
- F. E. A. Elshahaby, M. Ghaly, A. K. Jha, and E. C. Frey, “Factors affecting the normality of channel outputs of channelized model observers: an investigation using realistic myocardial perfusion SPECT images,” J. Med. Img. 3(1), 015503 (2016) (DOI: 10.1117/1.JMI.3.1.015503).
- F. E. A. Elshahaby, M. Ghaly, X. Li, A. K. Jha, and E. C. Frey, “Estimating model observer performance with small image ensembles,” J. Nucl. Med. 56 (supplement 3), 540-540 (2015).
- F. E. A. Elshahaby, M. Ghaly, A. K. Jha, and E. C. Frey, “The effect of signal variability on the histograms of anthropomorphic channel outputs: Factors resulting in non-Normally distributed data,” Proc. SPIE on Medical Imaging 9416: Image Perception, Observer Performance, and Technology Assessment (2015).
- J. Xu, F. E. A. Elshahaby, M. K. Fuld, G. S. K. Fung, and B. M. W. Tsui, “Application of task-based measures of image quality to evaluation of image reconstruction methods in x-ray CT”, 3rd Int. Conf. on Image Formation in x-ray Computed Tomography, (Salt Lake City, USA, 22–25 June 2014), pp 25–28.
- F. E. A. Elshahaby, B. M. W. Tsui, M. K. Fuld, P. Johnson, E. Fishman, and J. Xu, “Evaluation of Sinogram Affirmed Iterative Reconstruction using the XCAT phantom in a Model Observer Study”, RSNA Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL (2013).
- B. A. Landman, J. A. Bogovic, H. Wan, F. E. A. Elshahaby, P-L Bazin, J. L. Prince, “Resolution of Crossing Fibers with Constrained Compressed Sensing using Diffusion Tensor MRI”, Neuroimage 59(3), 2175-2186, (DOI: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2011.10.011), (2012).
- F. E. A. Elshahaby, B. A. Landman, and J. L. Prince, “Effect of Regularization Parameter and Scan Time on Crossing Fibers with Constrained Compressed Sensing”, Proc. SPIE Int Soc Opt Eng: Image processing; 7962:79624J (2011).