Prof. Reem Bahgat
Position: EUI's President.
Prof. Reem Bahgat obtained her Ph.D. (1991) in Computer Science from Imperial College London. She has been a Faculty Member at Cairo University since 1993. From May 2016 to August 2020, she was the Director of the Egyptian Bureau for Cultural and Educational Affairs at the Egyptian Embassy in the U.K. From December 2014 to May 2016. She was Assistant to Cairo University President for Informatics and Information Technology. From January 2009 to November 2014, she was the Dean of the Faculty of Computers and Information at Cairo University. Prof. Bahgat was also a co-founder and Deputy Director of the Centre for Documentation of Cultural and Natural Heritage, CULTNAT (www.cultnat.org), affiliated to Bibliotheca Alexandrina and supported by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, from 2000 to 2012.
As Advisor to the Minister of Communications and Information Technology since March 2020, she led the team for establishing the Egypt University of Informatics (EUI) and has been selected by the Board of Trustees to be the first President of EUI.
- D. in Computer Science, Department of Computing, Faculty of Engineering, Imperial College London, 1991.
- MSc in Computer Science, Department of Computing, Faculty of Engineering, Imperial College London, 1987.
- BSc in Computing and Statistics, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Kuwait University, 1985.
- Information Retrieval and Sentiment Analysis
- Multi-Agent Systems and Technologies
- Parallel Logic Programming
- Constraint Logic Programming
- D.is recommended to the British Computer Society Distinguished Dissertation, U.K, 1991.
- Awarded Distinction in the MSC. Course Examinations, Imperial College London, 1986.
- The Award of "The Kuwait Foundation for Scientific Advancement for the highest cumulative GPA in Kuwait University, Kuwait, 1985.
- "First Honour," Award in Kuwait University, 1981- 1985
- Principal Investigator in JMSE, 530637-Tempus-1-2012-1-PS-Tempus-JPCR, 2012-2015 (extended to Oct 2016), the project aims to develop a joint MSC in software engineering and to implement it in the MEA partner universities.
- Principal Investigator in InfrArtSonic, INCO-CT-2005-015338 Project, 2006-2008, for using non-destructive techniques in analyzing and documenting artworks. As Assistant Director and then Deputy Director of CULTNAT, she managed several international award-winning projects in the digital documentation of the tangible heritage of Egypt, such as The Archaeological Map of Egypt, The Architectural Heritage and Urban Heritage of Egypt, The Documentation of Scientific Islamic Manuscripts, and the Eternal Egypt Portal www.eternalegypt.org.
- The Egyptian Partner (Principal Investigator) in "MedMultiTrain," a MedCampus Project, 1994-95, for innovative Multimedia Training in a banking environment. The Egyptian Partner (Principal Investigator) in "Electronic Roads in the Information Society," an INCO-DC Project, 1998-2001, Research project on distributed multimedia systems and networking.
- Egyptian Team Member in "Development of Upgraded Science and Engineering Education in Southern Mediterranean Universities through the Use of Telematics Technologies," joint sponsorship between UNESCO Cairo Office and European Commission, 1998-2000.
- Senior Consultant, Center for Documentation of Cultural and Natural Heritage, Affiliated to Bibliotheca Alexandrina and supported by Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, located in Smart Village, Giza, Egypt, Jan 09-Dec12
- Consultant of Cultureware Projects, The Cabinet Information and Decision Support Center (IDSC), Cairo – Egypt, April 94- April 96.
- Consultant of Cultureware Projects, The Regional Information Technology and Software Engineering Center (RITSEC), Cairo – Egypt, March 93-March 94.
- Consultant to Sakhr Company for Building Intelligent Scheduling Systems for Educational Institutes, 1997.
Prof. Ahmed Hassan
Position: Vice President for Academic Affairs
Prof. Ahmed Hassan Yousef was appointed Vice President for academic affairs at Egypt University of Informatics in February 2023. He has been a Computer Engineering Full-time Professor since 2017. Prof. Ahmed was the Dean of the Information Technology and Computer Science school at Nile University from 2018 to 2023. He worked as a professor at the Department of Computers and Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. He was the director of the Electronic and Knowledge Services Center during his service in the Supreme Council of Universities from 2014 - 2018.
He joined the information and communication technology project (ICTP), Ministry of Higher Education, from 2008 to 2014 as the managing director after being the deputy director. He was the Founder and the Managing Director of TOP IT Company from 2000-2008, working with several Multinational projects. As an IEEE volunteer, he served as the secretary of the Egyptian section between 2012 and 2015, the vice chair from 2016-2019, and the chair between 2020-2023. He was the host section chair of the Region 8 meeting in Cairo in October 2022.
On the regional level, he served as a member of the section vitality and development subcommittee 2022-2023, the ad-hoc committee of crisis management 2022, and the Africon conference steering committee 2023. He is the Africa area coordinator of the IEEE computer society.
On the national level, Ahmed Hassan Yousef worked on developing Egypt's strategy for sustainable development with the Ministry of Planning and USAID in 2018-2019. He also held the position as the chair of the National Committee of Information and Communication Technology in the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology between 2022 and 2025 and with the Information Technology subcommittee of the national committee of ALECSO, ISESCO and UNESCO during 2021-2023.
As for his academic publications, he has published more than 75 papers in international conferences and journals. His research interest includes software engineering, parallel algorithms, and data mining. Prof. Hassan is a reviewer in several journal and conference publications, including IEEE conferences. He served as Ain Shams Engineering journal's editor and a technical program committee member. He chaired several conferences, including the Model and Data Engineering Conference, MEDI 2022.